What is it?
3G/HD/SD video and MADI audio distribution amplifier with signal reporting.
Reason to choose it...
The flexibility! You can configure it to be reclocking or non-reclocking, it will distribute any digital video (3Gb/s, HD and SD), it's DVB-ASI compatible and it's not even limited to video with its ability to distribute MADI audio. Plus the 3GDA-VF gives us more outputs per slot than we've ever had before on a digital DA - and your control system will know whether every DA has got an input thanks to the remote monitoring.
Distributing signals in multi-standard big systems, where you want status information about your signal and need multiple outputs. See who's using our 3GDAs.
Try out the 3GDA-VF VisionWeb demo (opens in new window) – you'll see how easy it is to operate the 3GDA-VF from your web browser, while exploring the full functionality of the product.
Got a question?
We would be very happy to answer any questions you've got about the 3GDA-VF. Either send us an e-mail or get an immediate response by speaking to us now on our Live Chat...
- Main features
- What outputs do I get?
- What do I order?
- Who's using it?
- 3G/HD/SD video and MADI audio distribution amplifier
- Gives you multiple copies of a signal - choice of six, nine or 12 outputs
- Distributes a wide range of video signals: works with 3Gb/s, HD, SD and DVB-ASI
- Use it as a MADI audio distribution amplifier: get multiple copies of your MADI (AES10) signal to send to all your audio areas, with different sample rates supported
- High performance distribution with optional signal reclocking, high quality equalisation and excellent jitter performance
- Ideal for big systems: remote monitoring of input present and signal type
- Auto detection of input available – recognises whether the standard is HD or SD and switches the output slew rate automatically
- Inputs and outputs accessed by using an appropriate rear module (either VR15, VR16 or VR20)
- Housed in Vision rack frames
- Space-saving: 96mm x 325mm card allows up to 20 3GDA-VF in 3U (ten with VR15 rear module fitted)
- Flexible control and monitoring: frame integrated control panel, VisionPanel remote control panel SNMP, or the web browser-based VisionWeb Control
- Five year warranty (with product registration)
Distribute video signals in multi-standard environments
The 3GDA-VF is designed for the distribution of 3Gb/s, HD or SD sources. All outputs are DVB-ASI compatible – a useful feature given the wide use of ASI within the broadcast environment.
This ability to distribute so many different signals makes 3GDA-VF ideal for multi-standard environments or for engineers who want to 'future proof' their installations.
Get access to all your audio everywhere
The 3GDA-VF can additionally provide a convenient and inexpensive way to send all your audio channels to all your audio areas, without you having to worry about the details in advance.
Designed for transporting a large amount of audio as a block, MADI (AES10) is an audio signal format used for getting many channels of audio down a single coax cable, with these multiple AES streams packed together and sent with a higher data rate. MADI makes it easy to have a very flexible audio system by providing all your areas with ‘raw’ audio channels, not just a selected mix or subset. The 3GDA-VF can take in a MADI data stream and create up to 12 copies of this data stream which can then be sent to different places.
When distributing MADI, the 3GDA-VF supports the industry standard payload of 64 channels at a sampling rate of 48 kHz, with sampling rates up to 96 kHz also supported for those requiring fewer channels in return for the cleanest possible sound.
Choose your outputs
How many outputs do you need? With the 3GDA-VF, the number of outputs you get (and the number of frame slots it uses) is determined by which of the three rear modules you choose.
The 3GDA-VF gives more outputs per slot than Crystal Vision has ever offered before. Using standard BNCs you'll get six outputs with the single slot VR20 rear module and 12 outputs with the double slot VR15. For those happy using Micro BNCs, the VR16 rear module gives you nine outputs in a single slot. The ASI-compatible outputs are all non-inverted.
Choose reclocking or non-reclocking
There is no need to buy a different device for when you want to reclock or not reclock your signals. The 3GDA-VF includes user selectable reclocking and non-reclocking, which helps make it suitable for that wide range of signals.
The Reclocker mode has four settings – Auto, Bypass, MADI and DVB/ASI – which are selected remotely based on the input signal. ‘Auto’ will reclock SDI signals and automatically set the correct output slew rate (as SD or HD/3G). ‘Bypass’ will bypass the reclocker on SDI signals, with the output slew rate then manually set to SD or HD/3G to match the input signal. For MADI signals you should select ‘MADI’ to bypass the reclocker and automatically set the output slew rate to SD. Finally selecting ‘DVB/ASI’ for DVB-ASI signals will force the reclocker into a 270Mb/s mode and set the output slew rate to SD.
The 3GDA-VF will always choose an appropriate cable equaliser for the signal type, ensuring an SD cable length in excess of 250m with Belden 8281 or equivalent, and up to 140m for HD and 100m for 3Gb/s with Belden 1694A.
Control and monitor your signals
All control is done remotely. The control and monitoring options for the 3GDA-VF include an integrated control panel on the Vision frame, the VisionPanel remote control panel, our ASCII and JSON protocols, SNMP and the VisionWeb web browser control. Try the 3GDA-VF VisionWeb demo...
There is remote control of Reclocker mode and slew rate, while your broadcast control system will know whether every DA in the system has got an input thanks to the remote monitoring of input present and 3G/HD or SD signal. SNMP additionally allows alarms to be set on loss of input and change in signal type. The 3GDA-VF is therefore ideal for those seeking information about their signal, especially in big systems.
Save rack space
Fitting in the standard Vision frames (currently available in 3U size), the 3GDA-VF is a space-saving 96mm x 325mm card that sits in one frame slot - allowing up to 20 DAs in 3U, depending on the rear module fitted.
Standard Vision card 96mm x 303mm (96mm x 325mm including finger pull)
Power consumption: 4 Watts
One 3Gb/s or HD or SD input (NB. Not available if input has been selected as MADI)
270Mb/s or 1.5Gb/s or 3Gb/s serial compliant to SMPTE 259 or ASI data, SMPTE 292-1 and SMPTE 424/425-A
Works with the following video standards: 625i, 525i, 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30, 2048x1080p23.98*, 2048x1080p24*, 2048x1080p25*, 2048x1080p29.97*, 2048x1080p30*, 2048x1080PsF23.98*, 2048x1080PsF24*, 2048x1080PsF25*, 2048x1080PsF29.97*, 2048x1080PsF30* (*= YUV 4:2:2 10 bit)
3Gb/s cable equalisation up to 100m with Belden 1694A or equivalent
HD cable equalisation up to 140m with Belden 1694A or equivalent (approx. 100m with Belden 8281)
SD cable equalisation >250m Belden 8281 or equivalent
VIDEO OUTPUTS (only available if input is video)
Up to 12 reclocked or non-reclocked 3Gb/s, HD or SD outputs depending on frame rear module used: six outputs with VR20, nine with VR16 and 12 with VR15
DVB-ASI compatible, with all outputs non-inverted
270Mb/s or 1.5Gb/s or 3Gb/s serial compliant to SMPTE 259 or ASI data, SMPTE 292-1 and SMPTE 424/425-A. Output follows the input format
One MADI (AES10) input (NB. Not available if input has been selected as video)
Sampling rates supported (as specified in AES10-2008): 32 kHz to 48 kHz +/- 12.5%, 56 channels; 32 kHz to 48 kHz nominal, 64 channels; 64 kHz to 96 kHz +/- 12.5%, 28 channels
MADI cable equalisation up to 250m using Belden 1694A or equivalent
AUDIO OUTPUTS (only available if input is MADI)
Up to 12 non-reclocked MADI (AES10) outputs depending on frame rear module used: six outputs with VR20, nine with VR16 and 12 with VR15
RECLOCKER MODE AND SLEW RATE
The Reclocker mode has four settings – Auto, Bypass, MADI and DVB/ASI – which are selected based on the input signal
Select ‘Auto’ for SDI signals to automatically set the correct output slew rate (as SD or HD/3G)
Select ‘Bypass’ for SDI signals to bypass the reclocker and manually set the output slew rate to SD or HD/3G using the ‘Slew Rate’ control
Select ‘MADI’ for MADI signals to bypass the reclocker and automatically set the output slew rate to SD
Select ‘DVB/ASI’ for DVB-ASI signals to force the reclocker into a 270Mb/s mode and automatically set the output slew rate to SD
DELAY THROUGH BOARD
LED INDICATION OF:
Control from integrated control panel on Vision frames and remote panel
VisionWeb Control is available via the web server on the frame and allows control and monitoring using a standard web browser on a computer, tablet or phone
SNMP monitoring and control available as standard
Control using ASCII and JSON protocols
Remote control of Reclocker mode and slew rate
Remote monitoring of input present and 3G/HD or SD or unknown signal
NB. No board edge control available
What outputs do I get?
VR15 rear module label and connections
More about the VR15
Connectors: 14 BNCs
Frame slots used: 2
Boards in 3U: 10
Why use it: Use it when you want the maximum number of outputs (12) and you're happy to use two frame slots for your 3GDA-VF
Also used for: No other boards
VR16 rear module label and connections
More about the VR16
Connectors: 10 Micro BNCs
Frame slots used: 1
Boards in 3U: 20
Why use it: It's the way to get the most outputs from a single frame slot - you'll get nine outputs if your wireman is happy using Micro BNCs
Also used for: No other boards
VR20 rear module label and connections
More about the VR20
Connectors: 7 BNCs
Frame slots used: 1
Boards in 3U: 20
Why use it: Perfect if you only need six outputs. It's the easiest single slot rear module to wire and you'll fit 20 cards in the frame
Also used for: DADA-VF
For more visual technical information, download the 3GDA-VF block diagram.
What do I order?
First you need the 96mm x 325mm card...
- 3G/HD/SD video or MADI (AES10) audio distribution amplifier with up to 12 outputs and signal reporting
Next select your frame...
- Vision 3
- 3U frame with active front panel featuring smart CPU and integrated control panel for up to 20 Crystal Vision cards from the Vision range. Includes two PSU3-VF power supplies for redundancy. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
You need a rear module to access your inputs and outputs...
- Two slot frame rear module. Allows ten 3GDA-VF in 3U. Gives access to one 3Gb/s, HD, SD or MADI input and 12 3Gb/s, HD, SD or MADI outputs
- Single slot frame rear module. Allows 20 3GDA-VF in 3U. Uses Micro BNCs. Gives access to one 3Gb/s, HD, SD or MADI input and nine 3Gb/s, HD, SD or MADI outputs
- Single slot frame rear module. Allows 20 3GDA-VF in 3U. Gives access to one 3Gb/s, HD, SD or MADI input and six 3Gb/s, HD, SD or MADI outputs
Finally - control. Use the frame's integrated control panel, the VisionWeb web browser control or SNMP (both included in the frame for free), or alternatively order the item below...
- 3U Ethernet remote control panel with touch screen
Who's using it?
With Vision being a brand new system, users of the 3GDA digital video distribution amplifiers in the Indigo range include...
- What does it cost? Request a quote for the 3GDA-VF...
- What controls has it got? Try out the VisionWeb demo for the 3GDA-VF...
- Want more information? Get the 3GDA-VF user manual (and SNMP MIB) by signing up for the Registered Area now
- The 3GDA-VF card needs to be housed in a Vision 3 rack frame - find out more about the frame...
- Bought Crystal Vision products in the last 60 days? Register these products now to upgrade your standard three year warranty to five years
From the Vision frame system...
- VDA-VF HD/SD analogue video distribution amplifier with remote control (12 outputs)
From the Indigo frame system...
- 3GDA105R 3G/HD/SD reclocking DA with signal reporting (5 outputs)
- 3GDA105C 3G/HD/SD reclocking DA (5 outputs)
- 3GDA105N 3G/HD/SD non-reclocking DA (5 outputs)
- 3GDA111R 3G/HD/SD reclocking DA with signal reporting (11 outputs)
- 3GDA111C 3G/HD/SD reclocking DA (11 outputs)
- 3GDA111N 3G/HD/SD non-reclocking DA (11 outputs)
- 3GDA204R dual channel 3G/HD/SD reclocking DA with signal reporting (2 outputs per channel)
- 3GDA210R dual channel 3G/HD/SD reclocking DA with signal reporting (5 outputs per channel)
- VDA110M HD single channel HD/SD analogue video distribution amplifier with manual control
- VDA110R HD single channel HD/SD analogue video distribution amplifier with remote control
- VDA210M HD dual channel HD/SD analogue video distribution amplifier with manual control
Crystal Vision Ltd. is registered in England number 03139895. Registered office: Lion Technology Park, Station Road East, Whittlesford, Cambridge, CB22 4WL, England.
Tel: +44 (0)1223 497049 Fax: +44 (0)1223 497059 E-mail: email@example.com