What is it?
Dual channel analogue audio distribution amplifier.
Reason to choose it...
You can configure it to be what you need - either a stereo or mono amplifier - and you'll fit up to 40 audio channels in 3U. With highly robust inputs and outputs and remote control included as standard, the useful features include audio silence detection, overvoltage detection and the most extensive gain adjustment we've ever offered.
The flexible distribution of analogue audio in any broadcast environment. See who's using our AADAs.
Try out the AADA-VF VisionWeb demo (opens in new window) – you'll see how easy it is to operate the AADA-VF from your web browser, while exploring the full functionality of the product.
Got a question?
We would be very happy to answer any questions you've got about the AADA-VF. Either send us an e-mail or get an immediate response by speaking to us now on our Live Chat...
- Main features
- What outputs do I get?
- What do I order?
- Who's using it?
- Dual channel analogue audio distribution amplifier
- Configure as stereo amplifier with four outputs of each channel, or as mono amplifier with eight outputs of channel 1
- Robust fully floating inputs and outputs
- Extensive audio gain adjustment from -30dB to +30dB in 0.5dB increments
- Audio silence detector for each channel
- Overvoltage detector for each channel
- Inputs and outputs accessed by using an appropriate rear module (VR21)
- Housed in Vision rack frames
- Space-saving: 96mm x 325mm card allows up to 20 AADA-VF in 3U
- Flexible control and monitoring: frame integrated control panel, VisionPanel remote control panel SNMP, or the web browser-based VisionWeb Control
- Five year warranty (with product registration)
Distribute analogue audio anywhere
The AADA-VF analogue audio distribution amplifier allows the flexible distribution of analogue audio in any broadcast environment.
The AADA-VF has the essential low noise and distortion which allows the audio to pass through more stages of processing without a loss in quality. It features two separate audio distribution amplifiers, each with an electronically balanced input and four floating outputs which are very robust – should one side be connected to ground, the other will double in amplitude to maintain the difference between the balanced signals, giving a correct single-ended system.
Each output also has an individual line driver which gives excellent isolation between them, meaning a damaged signal injected on to one of the outputs will not affect any of the others.
Configure your inputs and outputs
The AADA-VF can either be configured as a stereo amplifier with four outputs of channel 1 and four outputs of channel 2, or as a mono amplifier with eight outputs of channel 1.
The AADA-VF is used with just one frame rear module, the single slot VR21.
Adjust the gain
The AADA-VF features the most extensive gain adjustment Crystal Vision has ever offered, meaning it can handle a wide variety of input signals and allowing you to easily match the audio to your standard setting.
With fine adjustments in 0.5dB increments, the gain controls will give +/- 30dB of gain relative to the input level, although care must be taken not to exceed the maximum output level of +24dBu. Each channel can be adjusted independently.
Monitor your audio
A number of useful monitoring tools ensure you remain aware of exactly what's happening to your audio at all times.
Useful for alerting you that your audio signal has failed or that there is no input, each channel has an individual audio silence detector – with adjustable threshold level and duration to prevent false alarming during quiet audio periods. The audio silence level setting can be selected from -30dBu to -42dBu in 1dBu steps. If the audio signal level falls below the selected level for a chosen period of time from two to 120 seconds, then it is considered 'silent'. Both audio channels share the same silence time and threshold settings.
There is also an overvoltage detector for each channel, with the overvoltage threshold level shared by both channels and adjustable between +12dBu and +24dBu in 1dBu steps.
Both these monitoring tools can be used with SNMP to trigger alarms.
All control is done remotely. The control and monitoring options for the AADA-VF include an integrated control panel on the Vision frame, the VisionPanel remote control panel, our ASCII and JSON protocols, SNMP and the VisionWeb web browser control. Try the AADA-VF VisionWeb demo...
There is remote control of dual channel/single channel mode, audio gain, the silence indication time delay and threshold and the overvoltage threshold, and remote monitoring of audio silence and overvoltage for each channel.
Save rack space
Fitting in the standard Vision frames (currently available in 3U size), the AADA-VF is a space-saving 96mm x 325mm card that sits in one frame slot - allowing up to 20 DAs in 3U.
Standard Vision card 96mm x 303mm (96mm x 325mm including finger pull)
Power consumption: 5 Watts
Two analogue audio inputs, electronically balanced
High impedance input (>20 kohm)
Maximum level: +24dBu (>+24dBu inputs clipped to output +24dBu)
Eight analogue audio outputs, electronically balanced, using VR21 frame rear module
Can be configured as a stereo amplifier with four outputs of channel 1 and four outputs of channel 2, or as a mono amplifier with eight outputs of channel 1
Low impedance outputs: 50 ohm
Maximum level: +24dBu
Signal to noise ratio: 108dB, 0dB gain, 0dBFS = +24dBu (20Hz to 20kHz)
Frequency response: +/-0.05dB (20Hz to 20kHz)
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <0.003% 20Hz to 20kHz, +24dBu
Common mode rejection: >80dB (20Hz to 20kHz)
Interchannel crosstalk: <-100dB, 10kHz
Adjustment: -30dB to +30dB in 0.5dB steps (factory default set to 0dB)
Each channel can be adjusted independently
Set period of silence before indication from two to 120 seconds in one second increments
Set silence threshold between -30dBu and -42dBu in 1dBu steps (factory default set to -30dBu)
Both channels share the same silence time and threshold settings
Set overvoltage threshold between +12dBu and +24dBu in 1dBu steps (factory default set to +24dBu)
Both channels share the same overvoltage settings
LED INDICATION OF:
Control from integrated control panel on Vision frames and remote panel
VisionWeb Control is available via the web server on the frame and allows control and monitoring using a standard web browser on a computer, tablet or phone
SNMP monitoring and control available as standard
Control using ASCII and JSON protocols
Remote control of dual channel/single channel mode selection, audio gain, silence indication time delay and threshold and overvoltage threshold
Remote monitoring of audio silence and overvoltage for channel 1 and audio silence and overvoltage for channel 2. No input also constitutes silence
NB. No board edge control available
What outputs do I get?
VR21 rear module label and connections
More about the VR21
Connectors: 25-way standard density D-Type and 15-way standard density D-Type
Frame slots used: 1
Boards in 3U: 20
Why use it: It's the only rear module for AADA-VF
Also used for: DADA-VF
For more visual technical information, download the AADA-VF block diagram.
What do I order?
First you need the 96mm x 325mm card...
- Dual channel analogue audio distribution amplifier
Next select your frame...
- Vision 3
- 3U frame with active front panel featuring smart CPU and integrated control panel for up to 20 Crystal Vision cards from the Vision range. Includes two PSU3-VF power supplies for redundancy. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
You need a rear module to access your inputs and outputs...
- Single slot frame rear module. Allows 20 AADA-VF in 3U. Gives access to two analogue audio inputs with four analogue audio outputs of each channel (or eight outputs of one input)
Finally - control. Use the frame's integrated control panel, the VisionWeb web browser control or SNMP (both included in the frame for free), or alternatively order the item below...
- 3U Ethernet remote control panel with touch screen
Who's using it?
With Vision being a brand new system, users of the AADA analogue audio distribution amplifiers in the Indigo range include...
- What does it cost? Request a quote for the AADA-VF...
- What controls has it got? Try out the VisionWeb demo for the AADA-VF...
- Want more information? Get the AADA-VF user manual (and SNMP MIB) by signing up for the Registered Area now
- The AADA-VF card needs to be housed in a Vision 3 rack frame - find out more about the frame...
- Bought Crystal Vision products in the last 60 days? Register these products now to upgrade your standard three year warranty to five years
From the Vision frame system...
- DADA-VF digital audio distribution amplifier
- 3GDA-VF MADI audio distribution amplifier with 12 outputs
From the Indigo frame system...
- AADA416FM analogue audio distribution amplifier with manual control
- AADA416FR analogue audio distribution amplifier with remote control
- AADA-STM-1 stereo to mono distribution amplifier
- DADA208 reclocking digital audio distribution amplifier
- DADA208N non-reclocking digital audio distribution amplifier
- DADA208D digital audio delay and distribution amplifier
- MADDA105 MADI audio distribution amplifier with five outputs
- MADDA111 MADI audio distribution amplifier with eleven outputs
Crystal Vision Ltd. is registered in England number 03139895. Registered office: Lion Technology Park, Station Road East, Whittlesford, Cambridge, CB22 4WL, England.
Tel: +44 (0)1223 497049 Fax: +44 (0)1223 497059 E-mail: email@example.com