What is it?
Quad channel analogue audio distribution amplifier.
Reason to choose it...
Configure it to meet your exact requirements: it features four separate audio distribution amplifiers each with four floating outputs, with the inputs and outputs configurable in five different ways. Plus you'll get excellent value per channel: saving rack space (and money) by fitting 48 DAs in a single 2U frame.
The flexible distribution of analogue audio in any broadcast environment. With its ability to work remotely, it's perfect for those applications where sources may be of unknown amplitudes, making volume adjustments essential – easier to do from an active front panel, VisionWeb or the Statesman Lite PC software than manually. See who's using it.
Try out the AADA416FR VisionWeb demo (opens in new window) – you'll see how easy it is to operate AADA416FR from your web browser, while exploring the full functionality of the product.
Got a question?
We would be very happy to answer any questions you've got about the AADA416FR. Either send us an e-mail or get an immediate response by speaking to us now on our Live Chat...
- Main features
- What outputs do I get?
- What do I order?
- Who's using it?
- Quad analogue audio distribution amplifier
- Flexible inputs and outputs - five different combinations
- Low noise and distortion
- Robust fully floating inputs and outputs
- Excellent isolation between outputs with individual line drivers
- Audio gain adjustment from +18dB to -18dB
- Audio silence detector for each channel
- Overvoltage detector for each channel
- Headphone monitoring of all channels
- Inputs and outputs accessed by using an appropriate rear module (RM17)
- Housed in Indigo rack frames
- Space-saving: 100mm x 266mm module allows 12 AADA416FR in 2U (six in 1U and two in desk top box)
- Flexible control: board edge, GPI, frame integrated control panel, VisionPanel remote control panel, SNMP, Statesman Lite PC software or the web browser-based VisionWeb Control
- Five year warranty (with product registration)
Distribute analogue audio anywhere
The AADA416FR quad amplifier allows the flexible distribution of analogue audio in any broadcast environment.
It features four separate audio distribution amplifiers each with an electronically balanced input and four floating outputs, with the inputs and outputs configurable in five different ways to meet your exact requirements.
Configure the inputs and outputs to be what you need
The AADA416FR allows a truly versatile configuration of inputs and outputs.
The most commonly used combinations are configuring the board as a quad amplifier (four mono - or two stereo - inputs and four outputs of each), dual amplifier (two mono - or one stereo - inputs and eight outputs of each) or single amplifier (one mono input and sixteen outputs).
It is also possible to have a mixture of outputs, and configure the board as either a mixed triple amplifier or mixed dual amplifier.
Guarantee robust outputs
The AADA416FR has the essential low noise and distortion which allows the audio to pass through more stages of processing without a loss in quality.
The balanced outputs are fully floating which makes them very robust - should one side be connected to ground, the other will double in amplitude to maintain the difference between the balanced signals, giving a correct single-ended system.
Each output has an individual line driver which gives excellent isolation between them, meaning a damaged signal injected on to one of the outputs will not affect any of the others.
Adjust the gain
The AADA416FR can deal with analogue audio that comes from anywhere, with the ability to be configured for the different maximum operating levels that can occur over different geographical areas.
The fixed gain settings (-6dB, 0dB or +6dB) allow you to scale the incoming audio so that it is the same relationship to your full scale level. The variable gain settings (of +/-12dB) then allow you to correct for gain errors elsewhere. The AADA416FR includes an easy unity calibration mode which will force the gain adjustments to unity so that all outputs go out at the same amplitude.
Monitor your audio
A number of useful monitoring tools ensure you remain aware of exactly what's happening to your audio at all times.
Each channel has an individual audio silence detector with adjustable threshold level and duration - useful for alerting you that your audio signal has failed. There is also an overvoltage detector for each channel with adjustable threshold level. Both these tools can be used with GPIs to trigger alarms.
Two 3.5mm jacks are provided for local monitoring using headphones and can be used during installation or when investigating problems, allowing you to listen to the audio at various stages to check for continuity or quality.
Easy to set up and use
It takes no time at all to get the AADA416FR configured and on air. The AADA416FR can work in either manual or remote modes and is ideal where sources may be of unknown amplitudes and volume adjustments are essential - easier to do from an active front panel, the VisionPanel remote control panel, the Statesman Lite PC software or the VisionWeb web browser control than manually. Try the AADA416FR VisionWeb demo...
SNMP monitoring and control is also available.
Save rack space
The AADA416FR will save you rack space, with this 100mm x 266mm module providing up to 48 DAs in a single 2U frame, making it excellent value per channel.
The AADA416FR conveniently fits in Crystal Vision's Indigo frames (available in three sizes to suit all applications) alongside any other video or audio products from the Indigo range.
The audio inputs and outputs are accessed by using the RM17 frame rear module.
Standard Crystal Vision module 266mm x 100mm
Power consumption: 12 Watts
Four mono, electronically balanced
High impedance input (>20 kohm)
Maximum level: +28dBu
Factory set default: +24dBu; 0dBFS = +18dBu or +24dBu by on board link
16 (four per channel), electronically balanced, using RM17 frame rear module
Inputs and outputs are flexible and can be configured in five different ways
It is also possible to use unbalanced audio
Low impedance outputs: 66 ohm
Maximum level: +25dBu
Factory set default: 0dBFS = +24dBu
GAIN ADJUSTMENTS PER CHANNEL
Total adjustment: +/-18dB
Continuous adjustment: +/-12dB in 0.5dB steps using multiturn pot adjustment or remote control
Link adjustment: +6dB, 0dB, -6dB (on board link settings)
Signal to noise ratio: 104dB, 0dB gain, 0dBFS = +24dBu (20Hz to 20kHz)
Frequency response: +/-0.05dB (20Hz to 20kHz)
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <0.003% at 1kHz, +18dBu/+24dBu
Common mode rejection: >74dB (20Hz to 20kHz)
Interchannel crosstalk: <-100dB, 10kHz
Four (one per audio channel)
Set period of silence before indication from one to 120 seconds in eight second increments
Set silence threshold between -18dBu and -42dBu (factory default set to -30dBu)
Four (one per audio channel)
Set overvoltage threshold between +6dBu and +25dBu (factory default set to +25dBu)
MONITORING AUDIO OUTPUTS
Two stereo (four mono) via two 3.5mm stereo jack sockets
Output level: 0dBFS = +10dBu
GPI INPUT LEVELS
Active pull to ground, pulled up to +5V through 10 kohm
Two GPI inputs select silence or overvoltage or both indications on GPI outputs
GPI OUTPUT LEVELS
Electrically: Open collector transistors 30V, 330 ohm current limit resistors, 10mA max
Four GPI outputs indicate silence/overvoltage status per channel
Four LEDs (one per channel) to indicate silence/overvoltage status
Two LEDs to indicate power supply status
Power rail monitoring, channel gain adjustment, silence threshold, silence time, overvoltage level, remote/local selection and unity gain set by switches at board edge
On board jumper links enable the AADA416FR to be matched to different maximum operating levels
Three jumper links can link audio channels together to provide a variety of input/output configurations
Control from integrated control panel on AE frames and remote panel
Statesman Lite allows control from any PC on a network
VisionWeb Control is available via the web server on the frame and allows operation using a standard web browser on a PC or tablet
SNMP monitoring and control available as a frame option
Modes: Manual or remote (selected by switches at board edge). Remote adjustment of audio gain, audio silence duration limit and overvoltage detection level
What outputs do I get?
RM17 rear module label and connections
More about the RM17
Connectors: 44-way high density D-Type and 15-way standard density D-Type
Frame slots used: 1
Boards in 2U: 12
Boards in 1U: 6
Boards in desk top box: 2
Why use it: If you prefer D-Types to DIN connectors
For more visual technical information, download the AADA416FR block diagram.
What do I order?
First you need the 100mm x 266mm module...
- Analogue audio distribution amplifier with remote control
Next choose your frame size and power supplies - from 2U to desk top box...
- Indigo 2AE
- 2U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU and integrated control panel for up to 12 Crystal Vision modules. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 2SE
- CoolFlow 2U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to 12 Crystal Vision modules. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 1AE
- 1U frame with active front panel featuring smart CPU and integrated control panel for up to six Crystal Vision modules. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 1SE
- 1U frame with active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to six Crystal Vision modules. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 1AE-DP
- 1U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU and integrated control panel for up to six Crystal Vision modules. Includes two fixed PS-80i power supplies. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 1SE-DP
- 1U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to six Crystal Vision modules. Includes two fixed PS-80i power supplies. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo DT
- Desk top box with passive front panel for up to two Crystal Vision modules. Includes fixed power supply
- Indigo DTSE
- Desk top box with active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to two Crystal Vision modules. Includes fixed power supply. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- 160 Watts power supply for 1U (non-DP) and 2U frames. 1U frames require one PSU-160i (no redundancy). 2U frames require either one PSU-160i (no redundancy) or two PSU-160i if power supply redundancy is required
You need a rear module to access your inputs and outputs...
- Single slot frame rear module. Allows maximum number of AADA416FR in frame (12 in 2U, six in 1U, two in desk top box). Gives access to all audio inputs and outputs
Finally - control. Use board edge switches, the integrated control panel if you've selected one of the 'AE' frames, a web browser running the free VisionWeb Control (included within the frame software), or alternatively order one of the items below...
- 3U Ethernet remote control panel with touch screen
- Statesman Lite
- Free-of-charge PC Control System - download the latest version
- SNMP monitoring and control available as a frame option
Who's using it?
Users of the AADA analogue audio distribution amplifiers include...
- What does it cost? Request a quote for AADA416FR...
- What controls has it got? Try out the VisionWeb demo for AADA416FR...
- Want more information? Get the AADA416FR user manual (and SNMP MIB) by signing up for the Registered Area now
- The AADA416FR module needs to be housed in a rack frame - look at the frame options
- Bought Crystal Vision products in the last 60 days? Register these products now to upgrade your standard three year warranty to five years
From the Indigo frame system...
- AADA416FM analogue audio distribution amplifier with manual control
- AADA-STM-1 stereo to mono distribution amplifier
- DADA208 reclocking digital audio distribution amplifier
- DADA208N non-reclocking digital audio distribution amplifier
- DADA208D digital audio delay and distribution amplifier
- MADDA105 MADI audio distribution amplifier with five outputs
- MADDA111 MADI audio distribution amplifier with eleven outputs
From the Vision frame system...
- AADA-VF analogue audio distribution amplifier
- DADA-VF digital audio distribution amplifier
- 3GDA-VF MADI audio distribution amplifier with 12 outputs
Not sure which audio DA is best for your application? Have a look at our audio distribution amplifiers comparison chart to help you make a decision...
Crystal Vision Ltd. is registered in England number 03139895. Registered office: Lion Technology Park, Station Road East, Whittlesford, Cambridge, CB22 4WL, England.
Tel: +44 (0)1223 497049 Fax: +44 (0)1223 497059 E-mail: email@example.com