What is it?
HD/SD analogue video distribution amplifier with remote control.
Reason to choose it...
You'll get up to 12 outputs – that's the most we've ever had on an analogue DA. Plus you can use it to distribute any analogue source - whether HD or SD, video or reference. You get remote control of gain, equalisation and clamp too.
Distribution of SD Black and Burst or HD tri-level syncs reference or analogue video. In fact it's perfect for supplying the station reference to up to 12 Vision frames, with the frame then distributing that reference to each card that needs it. See who's using our VDAs.
Try out the VDA-VF VisionWeb demo (opens in new window) – you'll see how easy it is to operate the VDA-VF from your web browser, while exploring the full functionality of the product.
Got a question?
We would be very happy to answer any questions you've got about the VDA-VF. Either send us an e-mail or get an immediate response by speaking to us now on our Live Chat...
- Main features
- What outputs do I get?
- What do I order?
- Who's using it?
- Analogue video distribution amplifier with remote control
- Use it to distribute SD Black & Burst or HD tri-level syncs analogue references, or SD or HD analogue video (composite and component)
- Provides multiple outputs of analogue source - maximum of 12 outputs with a loop-through of the differential input
- Suitable for long cable runs: correct distortion to the analogue signal with high quality equalisation for up to 300m cable length
- Gain adjustments of +/-3dB in 0.1dB steps
- Use the clamp to compensate for differences in ground voltage and remove hum on the signal
- Inputs and outputs accessed by using an appropriate rear module (either VR17 or VR18)
- Housed in Vision rack frames
- Space-saving: 96mm x 325mm card allows up to 20 VDA-VF in 3U (ten with VR17 rear module fitted)
- Flexible control and monitoring: frame integrated control panel, VisionPanel remote control panel SNMP, or the web browser-based VisionWeb Control
- Five year warranty (with product registration)
Distribute any analogue source
The VDA-VF video distribution amplifier has been designed to provide multiple outputs of analogue sources.
Its main application is to distribute SD Black and Burst or HD tri-level syncs reference. With the Vision 3 frame including a common dual reference, the VDA-VF can be used to distribute the station reference to the frame itself – with one VDA-VF able to supply a reference feed to up to 12 Vision frames and the frame then distributing that reference via the backplane to each card that needs it.
The VDA-VF can also be used to distribute SD analogue composite or HD or SD analogue component video. Should you need to distribute RGB, YUV and Y/C video, multiple VDA-VF will be required (one for each component).
Get up to 12 outputs
The VDA-VF gives a maximum of 12 analogue outputs.
Decide how many outputs you need and how many boards you'd like to fit in a frame, and then select the rear module that meets those criteria. Using the single slot VR18 gives five analogue outputs, while 12 outputs (the most Crystal Vision has ever offered on an analogue DA) are possible with the dual slot VR17.
The VDA-VF includes a loop-through of its differential input, which is independent of the VDA-VF and so allows you to remove the card without losing the looped-through source – and potentially your station syncs feed.
Maximise the quality of your signal
The VDA-VF ensures a high quality signal with the differential input removing waveform distortion as well as protecting against crosstalk from the mains.
Further signal improvements can be achieved using the gain adjustments of +/-3dB in 0.1dB steps, along with high quality equalisation which will correct any distortion to the analogue signal caused by up to 300m of cable length, making the VDA-VF suitable for applications involving long cable runs.
The inclusion of a very effective clamp means it can compensate for differences in ground voltage by removing hum already on the signal. The clamp can be switched off should you not want anything to change your signal or if your signal is not standard analogue video.
An automatic sync filter removes chroma information from the sync separator input on SD signals to prevent large negative excursions adversely affecting the DC restoration.
Save rack space - and get flexible control
Fitting in the standard Vision frames (currently available in 3U size), the VDA-VF is a space-saving 96mm x 325mm card that sits in one frame slot - allowing up to 20 DAs in 3U, depending on the rear module fitted.
All control is done remotely. The control and monitoring options for the VDA-VF include an integrated control panel on the Vision frame, the VisionPanel remote control panel, our ASCII and JSON protocols, SNMP and the VisionWeb web browser control.
In addition to the remotely adjustable gain, equalisation and clamp, there is remote indication of input present and input format.
Standard Vision card 96mm x 303mm (96mm x 325mm including finger pull)
Power consumption: 4 Watts
ANALOGUE VIDEO INPUT
One differential SD or HD analogue input
SD composite video input, 1 volt with syncs. SD or HD component video up to 30MHz bandwidth. SD Black and Burst or HD Tri-level syncs reference
Analogue composite video formats: PAL 625i/50 and NTSC 525i/59.94 and 525i/60
Analogue component video formats: SD 625i/50, 525i/59.94 and 525i/60. HD 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080i 50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97 and 1080p30
Passive loop-through does not require VDA-VF to be fitted. Loop-through requires external 75 ohm termination
ANALOGUE VIDEO OUTPUTS
Up to 12 analogue outputs depending on frame rear module used: five outputs with VR18 and 12 with VR17
Input Return Loss: >31dB to 10MHz
Output Return Loss: >42dB to 10MHz
Frequency Response: +/-0.1dB 0 to 6MHz,+/-0.2dB 6 to 10MHz, +/-1.5dB 10 to 30MHz
Differential Gain: <0.3% at 5MHz
Differential Phase: <0.6 degrees at 5MHz
Signal to Noise Ratio: >66dB to 6MHz
Cable equalisation: Belden 8281 adjustment up to 300m
Gain adjustment: +/-3dB adjustment in 0.1dB steps
Adaptive clamp can be switched on (DC-coupled) or off (AC-coupled)
Automatic sync filter removes chroma information from the sync separator input on SD signals (only) to prevent large negative excursions adversely affecting the DC restoration
DELAY THROUGH BOARD
LED INDICATION OF:
Control from integrated control panel on Vision frames and remote panel
VisionWeb Control is available via the web server on the frame and allows control and monitoring using a standard web browser on a computer, tablet or phone
SNMP monitoring and control available as standard
Control using ASCII and JSON protocols
Remote indication of input present and input format (HD, SD or unknown) and remote adjustment of gain, equalisation and clamp
NB. No board edge control available
What outputs do I get?
VR17 rear module label and connections
More about the VR17
Connectors: 14 BNCs
Frame slots used: 2
Boards in 3U: 10
Why use it: Use it when you want the maximum number of outputs (12) and you're happy to use two frame slots
Also used for: No other boards
VR18 rear module label and connections
More about the VR18
Connectors: 7 BNCs
Frame slots used: 1
Boards in 3U: 20
Why use it: You want to fit the maximum number of cards in the frame and only need five outputs
Also used for: No other boards
For more visual technical information, download the VDA-VF block diagram.
What do I order?
First you need the 96mm x 325mm card...
- Analogue video distribution amplifier with up to 12 outputs and remote control
Next select your frame...
- Vision 3
- 3U frame with active front panel featuring smart CPU and integrated control panel for up to 20 Crystal Vision cards from the Vision range. Includes two PSU3-VF power supplies for redundancy. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
You need a rear module to access your inputs and outputs...
- Two slot frame rear module. Allows ten VDA-VF in 3U. Gives access to one differential HD or SD analogue input, 12 HD or SD analogue outputs and an analogue loop-through (NB. Passive loop still available when VDA-VF removed)
- Single slot frame rear module. Allows 20 VDA-VF in 3U. Gives access to one differential HD or SD analogue input, five HD or SD analogue outputs and an analogue loop-through (NB. Passive loop still available when VDA-VF removed)
Finally - control. Use the frame's integrated control panel, the VisionWeb web browser control or SNMP (both included in the frame for free), or alternatively order the item below...
- 3U Ethernet remote control panel with touch screen
Who's using it?
With Vision being a brand new system, users of the VDA analogue video distribution amplifiers in the Indigo range include...
- What does it cost? Request a quote for the VDA-VF...
- What controls has it got? Try out the VisionWeb demo for the VDA-VF...
- Want more information? Get the VDA-VF user manual (and SNMP MIB) by signing up for the Registered Area now
- The VDA-VF card needs to be housed in a Vision 3 rack frame - find out more about the frame...
- Bought Crystal Vision products in the last 60 days? Register these products now to upgrade your standard three year warranty to five years
From the Vision frame system...
- 3GDA-VF 3G/HD/SD video distribution amplifier with remote control (12 outputs)
From the Indigo frame system...
- 3GDA105R 3G/HD/SD reclocking DA with signal reporting (5 outputs)
- 3GDA105C 3G/HD/SD reclocking DA (5 outputs)
- 3GDA105N 3G/HD/SD non-reclocking DA (5 outputs)
- 3GDA111R 3G/HD/SD reclocking DA with signal reporting (11 outputs)
- 3GDA111C 3G/HD/SD reclocking DA (11 outputs)
- 3GDA111N 3G/HD/SD non-reclocking DA (11 outputs)
- 3GDA204R dual channel 3G/HD/SD reclocking DA with signal reporting (2 outputs per channel)
- 3GDA210R dual channel 3G/HD/SD reclocking DA with signal reporting (5 outputs per channel)
- VDA110M HD single channel HD/SD analogue video distribution amplifier with manual control
- VDA110R HD single channel HD/SD analogue video distribution amplifier with remote control
- VDA210M HD dual channel HD/SD analogue video distribution amplifier with manual control
Crystal Vision Ltd. is registered in England number 03139895. Registered office: Lion Technology Park, Station Road East, Whittlesford, Cambridge, CB22 4WL, England.
Tel: +44 (0)1223 497049 Fax: +44 (0)1223 497059 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org