VDA210M HD analogue video distribution amplifier
What is it?
Dual channel HD/SD analogue video distribution amplifier with manual control.
Reason to choose it...
You're working with lots of channels and you need a dual channel device that gives you five outputs per channel (or four with an input loop). Plus you can use it to distribute any analogue source - whether HD or SD, video or reference.
Distribution of analogue video or reference in HD and SD multi-channel applications where you don't need many outputs and you want to save money. See who's using it.
Got a question?
We would be very happy to answer any questions you've got about the VDA210M HD. Either send us an e-mail or get an immediate response by speaking to us now on our Live Chat...
- Main features
- What outputs do I get?
- What do I order?
- Who's using it?
- Dual channel analogue video distribution amplifier with manual control
- Ideal for any analogue source: works with both HD and SD analogue signals
- Use it to distribute SD Black & Burst or HD Tri-level syncs analogue references, or SD or HD analogue video
- Provides multiple outputs of analogue source - maximum of five outputs per channel or four outputs with a loop-through per channel
- Choice of differential and non-differential inputs
- Suitable for long cable runs: correct distortion to the analogue signal with high quality equalisation for up to 300m cable length (adjusted manually)
- Gain adjustments of +/-3dB (adjusted manually)
- Easy to install, with SD or HD present indication
- Board edge video monitoring test point BNC allows waveform monitor to be plugged straight into board (facilitating signal monitoring during setting up of cable equalisation)
- Easy troubleshooting: GPI and LED indication of input failure and loss of power
- Choice of output combinations: inputs and outputs accessed by using an appropriate rear module (either RM01, RM02, RM15 and RM18)
- Housed in Indigo rack frames
- Space-saving: 100mm x 266mm module allows 12 VDA210M HD in 2U (six in 1U and two in desk top box)
- Ideal for cost-sensitive applications with manual control (board edge switches and GPIs)
- Five year warranty (with product registration)
- This product is available to either purchase or hire, with hire pricing typically 6% of list price per week (with one week minimum hire period and £200 minimum charge)
Distribute any analogue source
The VDA210M HD is a dual channel video distribution amplifier ideal for providing multiple outputs of any analogue source, with board edge control.
Use it to distribute your reference signals - either SD Black and Burst or HD tri-level syncs. Alternatively use it to distribute SD analogue composite and HD or SD analogue component video. Should you need to distribute RGB, YUV and Y/C video, multiple distribution amplifiers will be required (one for each component).
Get up to five analogue outputs per channel
The VDA210M HD gives a maximum of five analogue outputs per channel or four outputs with a loop-through. It is ideal for reduced cost multi-channel applications where fewer outputs are required.
The VDA210M HD also has the flexibility to be configured as a single channel board for those applications where more outputs are required.
It can be used with four different frame rear modules to give the perfect output combination for every application. Decide how many outputs you need and how many boards you'd like to fit in a frame, and then select the rear module that meets those criteria.
The VDA210M HD can be used with the RM01 (two outputs per channel), RM02 (three outputs of the first channel and four of the second), RM15 (four outputs per channel) and RM18 (five outputs per channel).
You won't lose your signals
You can use the VDA210M HD with either differential or non-differential inputs - or a mixture of the two, useful if only some of your feeds come from another area.
The passive loop-throughs are independent of the VDA210M HD, allowing you to remove the board without losing the looped-through source - and maybe your station syncs feed.
Maximise the quality of your signal
High quality equalisation will correct distortion to the analogue signal caused by up to 300m of cable length, making the board suitable for applications involving long cable runs.
It also features gain adjustments of +/-3dB.
Gain and equalisation can be controlled manually from board edge or by using GPIs.
Easy to install
Installing the VDA210M HD is made easy with the inclusion of an SD or HD present indication, while a video monitoring test point BNC for each channel at the board edge means a waveform monitor can be plugged straight into the board, facilitating signal monitoring during the setting up of the cable equalisation.
Always know what's happening
Troubleshooting is easy, with GPI and LED indication of input failure and loss of power.
Save rack space
The 100mm x 266mm module fits in Crystal Vision's standard Indigo rack frames alongside any other products, allowing 12 boards in 2U, six in 1U or two in a desk top box.
The VDA210M HD is one of three analogue video distribution amplifiers from the Indigo range which allow the customer to get just the configuration and features they need.
Standard Crystal Vision module 266mm x 100mm
Power consumption: 1.4 Watts
ANALOGUE VIDEO INPUTS
Two SD or HD analogue inputs
SD composite video input, 1 volt with syncs. Composite PAL or NTSC. Component video up to 30MHz bandwidth
SD Black and Burst or HD Tri-level syncs reference
One loop-through per channel available with RM15 frame rear module, or 75 ohm termination. Loop-through does not need VDA to be fitted - rear connector has all circuitry required
Differential input with RM02 (first channel only) and RM15 rear modules
ANALOGUE VIDEO OUTPUTS
Maximum of five outputs per channel using the RM18 rear module (four outputs per channel with RM15, three of the first channel and four of the second with RM02, and two per channel with RM01)
Input Return Loss: >48dB to 10MHz
Output Return Loss: >48dB to 10MHz
Frequency Response: +/-0.05dB 0 to 6MHz, +/-0.2dB 6 to 10MHz, +/-1.5dB 10 to 30MHz
Differential Gain: <0.2% at 5MHz
Differential Phase: <0.4 degrees at 5MHz
Signal to Noise Ratio at 0 to 10MHz: <70dB
Cable equalisation: Belden 8281 manual adjustment up to 300m
Gain adjustment: +/-3dB manual adjustment
DELAY THROUGH BOARD
LED INDICATION OF:
SD or HD present indication
Power supplies okay
GPI OUTPUT LEVELS
Electrically: Open collector transistors 30V, 270 ohm current limit resistors. Pulled up to +5V through 6800 ohm
Two GPI outputs: Two sets of input detect
Board edge control of cable equalisation 0-300m and gain +/-3dB
A video monitoring test point BNC for each channel allows waveform monitor to be plugged straight into the board
What outputs do I get?
RM01 rear module label and connections
More about the RM01
Connectors: 6 BNCs
Frame slots used: 1
Boards in 2U: 12
Boards in 1U: 6
Boards in desk top box: 2
Why use it: You're using non-differential inputs and two outputs per channel is enough
RM02 rear module label and connections
More about the RM02
Connectors: 27 BNCs (shared by 3 boards)
Frame slots used: 4
Boards in 2U: 9
Boards in 1U: N/A
Boards in desk top box: N/A
Why use it: You're using a mixture of differential and non-differential inputs. Ideal if you're using three or more VDA210M HD (or the other boards listed below), as the 27 BNCs are shared between three boards
RM15 rear module label and connections
More about the RM15
Connectors: 12 BNCs
Frame slots used: 2
Boards in 2U: 6
Boards in 1U: 3
Boards in desk top box: 1
Why use it: You're using differential inputs and want an input loop-through with your four outputs per channel
Also used for: No other boards
RM18 rear module label and connections
More about the RM18
Connectors: 12 BNCs
Frame slots used: 2
Boards in 2U: 6
Boards in 1U: 3
Boards in desk top box: 1
Why use it: You're using non-differential inputs and you want the maximum number of outputs possible - five per channel
For more visual technical information, download the VDA210M HD block diagram.
What do I order?
First you need the 100mm x 266mm module...
- VDA210M HD
- Dual channel distribution amplifier for HD or SD analogue video with manual control
Next choose your frame size and power supplies - from 2U to desk top box...
- Indigo 2SE
- CoolFlow 2U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to 12 Crystal Vision modules. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 1AE-DP
- 1U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU and integrated control panel for up to six Crystal Vision modules. Includes two fixed PS-80i power supplies. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo 1SE-DP
- 1U frame with power supply redundancy and active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to six Crystal Vision modules. Includes two fixed PS-80i power supplies. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- Indigo DT
- Desk top box with passive front panel for up to two Crystal Vision modules. Includes fixed power supply
- Indigo DTSE
- Desk top box with active front panel featuring smart CPU for up to two Crystal Vision modules. Includes fixed power supply. Allows Ethernet connection to a PC
- 160 Watts power supply for 1U (non-DP) and 2U Indigo frames. 1U frames require one PSU-160i (no redundancy). 2U frames require either one PSU-160i (no redundancy) or two PSU-160i if power supply redundancy is required
You need a rear module to access your inputs and outputs...
- Single slot frame rear module. Allows maximum number of VDA210M HD in frame (12 in 2U, six in 1U, two in desk top box). Gives access to two non-differential inputs with two HD or SD analogue outputs per channel
- Four slot frame rear module. One rear module used for three VDA210M HD, allowing nine VDA210M HD in 2U. Gives access to two inputs (one differential and one non-differential) with three HD or SD analogue outputs of the first channel and four of the second
- Two slot frame rear module. Allows six VDA210M HD in 2U, three in 1U and one in desk top box. Gives access to two differential inputs with four HD or SD analogue outputs and an analogue loop-through per channel (NB. rear module loop still available when board removed)
- Two slot frame rear module. Allows six VDA210M HD in 2U, three in 1U and one in desk top box. Gives access to two non-differential inputs with five HD or SD analogue outputs per channel
The VDA210M HD is controlled by board edge switches - therefore you will not require a control panel or PC software.
Who's using it?
Users of the VDA analogue video distribution amplifiers in the Indigo and Vision ranges include...
- What does it cost? Request a quote for VDA210M HD...
- Want to hire instead? Request a hire quote...
- Want more information? Get the VDA210M HD user manual by signing up for the Registered Area now
- The VDA210M HD module needs to be housed in a rack frame - look at the frame options
- Bought Crystal Vision products in the last 60 days? Register these products now to upgrade your standard three year warranty to five years
From the Indigo frame system...
- 3GDA105R 3G/HD/SD reclocking DA with signal reporting (5 outputs)
- 3GDA105C 3G/HD/SD reclocking DA (5 outputs)
- 3GDA111R 3G/HD/SD reclocking DA with signal reporting (11 outputs)
- 3GDA111C 3G/HD/SD reclocking DA (11 outputs)
- 3GDA204R dual channel 3G/HD/SD reclocking DA with signal reporting (2 outputs per channel)
- 3GDA210R dual channel 3G/HD/SD reclocking DA with signal reporting (5 outputs per channel)
- VDA110M HD single channel HD/SD analogue video distribution amplifier with manual control
- VDA110R HD single channel HD/SD analogue video distribution amplifier with remote control
From the Vision frame system...
- 3GDA-VF 3G/HD/SD video distribution amplifier with remote control (12 outputs)
- VDA-VF HD/SD analogue video distribution amplifier with remote control (12 outputs)
Not sure which DA is best for your application? Have a look at our Indigo and Vision video distribution amplifiers comparison chart to help you make a decision...
Crystal Vision Ltd. is registered in England number 03139895. Registered office: Lion Technology Park, Station Road East, Whittlesford, Cambridge, CB22 4WL, England.
Tel: +44 (0)1223 497049 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org